Simplifying Complexity is a course I have developed with Dr. Tim Bonebrake from the Environmental Science program. This course exposes students to the failures of reductionism and introduces some of the tools, methods and applications of complexity science.
Below you may find links to to my lecture notes I have developed for this course.
- Understanding Complexity
- Cellular Automata/Conway’s Game of Life
- Information, Order, and Randomness
- Networks and Society
- Learning and Neural Networks
- Evolution and Biological Complexity
- Scaling Laws in Nature
- Hong Kong and Urban Scaling